Saturday, August 28, 2010

Recent Knitting Epiphanies

I am trucking along on my top-down raglan and loving it. I finished my first skein and it's time to start a new one. I decided that instead of joining my yarn in one of the two ways I have made up, that maybe it's about time that I learn the proper way. So I searched YouTube for a knitting tutorial and found one. What I learned was beyond simple and I actually already knew it, I just wasn't applying what I knew at the right time. The secret to joining the yarn is to do so at the beginning of the row (or round in this case), then you just weave in the ends when you're done! Duh! Why did this take me so long to figure out?

My other epiphany came when I magically realized how to do a yarn over at the beginning of a row: you wrap the yarn before the first stitch! Duh! I have actually avoided patterns and stitches because I didn't understand how to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers