Saturday, August 7, 2010

Betcha Didn't See that One Coming ; )

I was listening to one of my favorite knitting podcasts the other night while I was falling asleep: The Knit Picks Podcast hosted by Kelley Petkun. The topic was knitted gifts. Since I am someone that from time to time, gives my knitted objects as gifts, I thought this was worth listening to. Kelley had her recommendations for what makes the best knitted gifts especially to be given to non-knitters.

Sidebar: Gifting knitted objects to knitters and non-knitters is a topic I should explore in a further post. The common belief is that a non-knitter will likely not appreciate a knitted gift the way a knitter does.

Surprisingly her first suggestion was socks. Personally, I can barely make it through a pair of socks for myself, so the idea of spending all that time and then giving them away? I don't think so.

Sidebar: I did knit a couple of pairs of socks for my mom, so that should illuminate how special it is to receive socks from me.

Kelley's second suggestion was washcloths. I've seen many people do this and then pair it with a great soap. And I thought, hey, this is a good idea. Washcloths are easy and super fast and how many people actually use hand-knit washcloths on a regular basis, so that's a real treat! So to make a long story short, I thought about who deserved a hand-knit washcloth and the winner, I decided, was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers