Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New School Year; New Names

I go back to work tomorrow - yech.



I've had this blog for over a year and it's never really become what I wanted it to be. But then again, I don't really know what I want it to be, so I guess that all makes sense. I changed the name today. I chose this new name because it is true; I do ❤ minutiae. Like when everyone complains about the crap people write on their FaceBook statuses I can't relate because I ❤ the stuff people right there. The more minute and unimportant the better! I don't know why I like it, I just do. {Last Christmas we were watching old home movies at Clint's parents' house. There was this one that their friend Robert had made. It was minutiae at it's finest: suck random clips from his own family, Clint's family, etc. I think about that video all the time.} It (this blog) has had three different names since its inception. First it was "Spacegoat Knits" but then I was doing other things that I wanted to include in the blog, so I changed it to "Spacegoat Creates", but now I'm just sick of that spacegoat stuff. It was a really funny memory, but I think I'm over it. I'm also ready to not be anonymous. Which means I guess I'll be changing my name on Good Reads and Ravelry. I wonder what will happen when I do? I wonder if I can...



This summer I had a radical idea: what if instead of keeping my separate blogs, I just wrote one? It hasn't officially happened, but I think I'm moving toward it, slowly.



Earlier this summer Stacy and I went to outdoor yoga at Barton Springs. It was was really enjoyable, except for the end when I put my arm in an ant pile right before savasana. After that we went to eat brunch at a place on South Lamar. The food we ordered sounded good and mostly tasted good, but later made us both sick. We had gazapacho, but it was warm because they had just made it. It didn't really hit the spot after sweaty poses in the great outdoors. And our sandwich, a tuna and dill havarti, was acceptable. I decided today that I would relive this sandwich experience and right the wrong I had endured. So I made that sandwich for lunch, but now my stomach kind of hurts. I can't tell if it's real or in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers