Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Let's Try This on For Size

One of the blogs I read and enjoy very much, occasionally puts up a post in the following format. Personally when I see posts like this, I usually skim them at best. I don't know, reading that format does not appeal to me. But I thought I'd try it for myself and I have to admit, I REALLY liked writing using the format. A lot of times I go weeks without posting because I feel like I don't have anything worthy enough to write about (I know stupid, but always occurring) or I think that when I started this blog it was the for the purpose of logging what I was creating at the time. I don't know why I box myself into corners like this; it's my blog, I can do whatever I want with it. Anyway, I liked this format because it helped write about things I never thought to write about here, original intent of the blog be damned!

The only thing I'm wrestling with is, I want to go back through and add links to things I've mentioned, but I am telling myself no because if I do, it will take forever and this post will never be published.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the shades are closed in the office today.

I am thinking... of writing a letter to Katie thanking her for a unique gift.

I am thankful for... yoga for giving me so many gifts.

From the learning rooms... reading like crazy before school starts and I don't have time to do my own reading. I finished Outliers and loved it. I was thinking of buying Blink, but then I found it on my shelf - what a great surprise. I'm also trying to finish Eat, Pray, Love before the movie opens. There are other books, but they can wait.

From the kitchen... preparing to make Devils on Horseback for a get-togther tonight. I haven't had them in so long and I've never made them, so I'm excited to try.

I am wearing... khaki yoga pants, my black Chinati t-shirt

I am creating... a short-sleeved sweater called Abalone, brown socks called Charades and another monster set for a belated birthday present.

I am going... to fold the laundry that has been sitting in the laundry basket in our bedroom for almost a week.

I am reading... oh, I didn't realize there was a specific place for reading. This is my first time using this format. Hmmm, well I guess I can talk about those other books I eluded to earlier. My bathroom book is 13. My goal was to finish The Passage before the end of summer, but that is obviously not happening. I am pacing myself through Hidden Gems. I'm trudging through Until I Find You; it's heavy (literally and figuratively) so I don't get far before I have to put it down and read something lighter, like The Friday Night Knitting Club. It's light and easy.

I am hoping... that a dear family friend is doing alright. I just heard this morning that she was diagnosed with cancer and I haven't touched base with the family yet.

I am hearing... Clint clear his throat repeatedly.

Around the house... tidying up for tonight's get-together. Yesterday Clint installed the last cabinet and the over-sink light. Now the only thing left is the backsplash tile. And that will be a pretty big job.

One of my favorite things... leftovers - I'm about to eat some for lunch.

A few plans for the rest of the week: welcoming my Aunt Nancy from upstate NY, dreading going back to school, seeing Chris and Rodney who are visiting from Houston this weekend.

Adapted from: The Simple Woman's Daybook.

My own amendments:

I am listening to (I feel that this is different from I am hearing because I am hearing lacks deliberate intention)... lots of How Stuff Works podcasts, The Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine, Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, The High Road by Broken Bells, and the auto-tuned Home Invader (so ashamed).

I am watching... lots of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Real Housewives of New Jersey and D.C., The Next Food Network Star, Design Star, and Skins (Season 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers