Friday, August 13, 2010

Delicious Minutiae

I survived the first two days of staff development and am excited to start the weekend. I am terrified about presenting at my district's curriculum day next week, but I guess I'll worry about that next week. There are going to be a lot of changes this year and I'm trying to take things one day at a time, which is great until you notice there are plenty of teachers trying to pack 48 hours into one day; that's hard to compete with.

Tomorrow Nancy and I will be doing a mini yarn crawl. On the tour for sure are: Gauge and Hill Country Weavers. We are also thinking about checking out Yarnbow in Lakeway and the Knitting Nest, which I did not realize until last night, is at a new location on South Congress! I am out to purchase some yarn, but I'm mostly excited to be around yarn with the woman that started it all for me. It should be a great day.

Then Chris and Rodney will be making there way to Austin for a visit. I'm hoping we can plan an elaborate Greek meal and then go on a fun shopping excursion to either Whole Foods or Central Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers