Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 6: Cleaning Up

I've spent an inordinate amount of time today cleaning out email inboxes. We received an email at work telling us that our inboxes are just too big and even the scheduled deletions they do once a month are not enough to keep up with us! They recommended that we take time daily to filter through that day's mail. It's hard for me though - I used to manage weekly clean outs, but now I'm more like every few months. I did successfully clean out my school email before I came home today. There's just so many stupid emails that waste my time, like teachers telling everyone they let their class out late (so we don't mark the kids tardy) or emails soliciting us to join the school dodgeball team...

I came home and in just over an hour managed to clear out my personal email inbox as well. It was interesting getting back to pre-August 28th emails. I read through some random ones and thought about how much my life has changed since then with my mom's cancer diagnosis.

Anyway, I'm keeping up with my Lenten addendum: no knitting blogs or Ravelry. I also realized after the last post that I really need to include knitting podcasts as well. Wow - I didn't realize how much knitting had intervened in every crevice of my life! So as of today, I'm fully knitting-free. I reorganized my Google Reader subscriptions, so that all the knitting blogs I read are in their own folder that I promise not to open until Easter.

I'm hoping to post some pictures soon of what I'm doing without the knitting: cooking, embroidery (a little), taking pictures of Clint's growing hair and seeing A LOT of movies (we saw Shutter Island this past weekend and I REALLY liked it) - you know what I'm making. Afterall, this is a blog about making things.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you watched Shutter Island - YIKES! I would probably scream out loud at the theatre again like the time we saw that Nicole Kidman movie. Anyway, love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Followers