Monday, February 15, 2010

The Countdown Begins

Lent starts on Wednesday. 
It's Monday - 4:38 pm. 
The time is almost upon us. 

I spent some time yesterday organizing and putting away my knitting materials. All I left out was the citron shawl in progress and my knitting notebook, but I don't even feel like working on it. Knowing that even if I worked on it every waking moment between now and Wednesday and I still wouldn't finish it is causing a serious lack of motivation. I think I might even indulge in some embroidery tonight!

I've been a little jealous of all the Ravelympics that's currently going on, but I think it's good - I'm looking at it as an extra challenge. And hey, there's always next year...

So during Lent my main goal is to not work on any of my personal knitting, I will be teaching some people though - I've had several requests and I'm really excited. I will also be starting the knitting club at school after UIL is over. These are both good things and I don't see them as spoiling my sacrifice because I haven't taught anyone to knit in f-o-r-e-v-e-r! And my main motivation in giving up the knitting is 1) to make a sacrifice and 2) experience some things I've been missing out on because I've been spending so much time knitting. Plus, in the old days when I would teach people to knit, my heart was in it, but not 100%. I would teach and then want to work on my own projects - I could never give myself fully. So now that working on my own personal projects is not even an option, I can be a more devoted teacher!

1 comment:

  1. I remember the day well. We sat on the black couch and you taught me and Julie? how to knit. I remember I got mad cause she got oil on my oh so expensive goodwill coffee table. That was fun. I havent knit in forever. I need you to teach me how to knit in the round and how to make socks. I think I have to much ADD for patterns...summer knitting club...whatcha think?

    ReplyDelete

Followers