Saturday, May 9, 2020

Sock Hospital: Patient 1 - Alice in Wonderland Nutkins



The year my mom died, 2010, I treated myself to The Socks that Rock Sock Club. I'm glad I did it, but I didn't continue: it was too decadent for a normal year.


This is the beautiful My Wild Irish Girlie and the Nutkins I made with it.




Here are the Nutkins now.

 

They've faded quite a bit and developed multiple holes.

As I pondered what yarn to use to darn these socks, I tried to recall if I had knit a swatch. I thought, even though I really like to keep my swatches as memorabilia, I guess I would be willing to frog them, and use them to mend.

However, as I pawed through the swatch box, look what I discovered: a teeny, tiny, mini skein 😊 I should have placed a penny beside it to give you some context.

I had forgotten all about these! It's almost too cute to use, but I guess that's what it's for, right?!


Ignore that wonky yellowish-white one on the end - I'm tempted to open it and rewind it. 







 


I pronounce these socks healed : )






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers