Friday, January 29, 2010

Waiting on the Yarn to Arrive

My first shipment of yarn from the sock club is due to arrive any day now. The online boards I read are abuzz with who has gotten theirs and who hasn't. I'm strangely reminded of Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, which strangely I read (for the 84,000th time) last week. There are many a spoiler threads where people post pictures of what the shipment contains and I'm having a really hard time staying away from them, but I will resist- I want to be surprised when I open my box. Since Clint and I don't really exchange gifts I feel like this is Christmas. Sometimes we tell each other something we want and then the other goes and gets it. But rarely do we give each other true gifts. So I'm excited because I feel like this yarn is a true gift since I don't know what it will look like. Maybe in subsequent months I won't be so restrained and I will look at spoiler threads, but for now, I shall remain untainted.

Because I was so anxiously awaiting my sock yarn, I actually went online and purchased two more skeins of yarn form The Backwards Loop because it always comes really fast and I knew it would arrive before the Rockin' Sock Yarn. I ordered it Monday evening and it was here waiting for me yesterday after yoga. I didn't even get a picture of the blue because my camera battery was dead and I couldn't wait; I balled it and cast on a shawl for my mom. 

All of a sudden I am OBSESSED with shawls, or shawlettes, I should say. I noticed there is a group on Ravelry for those dedicated to knitting 10 shawls in 2010. If you had asked me a month ago if I would ever knit a shawl I would have said you were crazy, but now I can barely focus on anything else! I hope I can divide my attention when the sock yarn arrives. So I'm thinking of joining that group and trying for 10. If I made my first in a week, then surely 10 in a year won't be too troublesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers