Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Knitting for Me!

I knit gifts so often that I rarely take time to knit for myself. On a whim (well actually - after reading Knit and Tonic and seeing her yarn)  I ordered some Claudia's Hand Painted Yarn. 

3633002439_f091fe243c.jpg

It is a beautiful blend of greens called "country kitchen". I'm knitting socks for myself that I'm already excited to wear on "green" holidays like Christmas, St. Patrick's Day and Earth Day. Of course I can wear them other days as well : )

I'm knitting these socks toe up, two at a time, on one circular needle. It's a lot of newness and the process is on the slow side. I love the idea of finishing two socks at the same time, but I'm missing my double-pointed needles - I never thought I'd say that! I'm having a bit of a pattern crisis because I'm attempting to blend two patterns together. I don't know why I'm trying to make this so hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers