Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Finding Just the Right Yarn

I thought I had found my dream yarn when I found Sublime Organic Cotton, until I found Debbie Bliss Rialto 4-ply. I've been resisting buying Debbie Bliss, but I'm not sure why. I don't know if I thought she was too commercial and I was trying to supposrt more independents..idk.

3558262074_310ab1c703.jpg

Anyway this Rialto 4-ply is a beautiful superwash wool. I'm using it to make another seamless baby kimono and a pair of matching booties. Originally this kimono was going to Baby Gobert, but seeing as how nephew Ezekiel's due date is fast approaching in the beginning of June and I have nothing for him, I have reassigned. It's also coming out rather small (4-ply) and I'm hoping it can be a newborn garment. 

3633846352_6bab38d0aa.jpg


The booties may or may not go to Baby Kephart because that shower is this weekend and I was hoping to have a set of booties to match the bonnet I already finished.

3633810156_e8fce6c7df.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers