Monday, June 28, 2010

Makes a Mistake

So I was trucking along on my Tuck vest now that I have the pattern and I had a good amount knitted when I realized ... it's too big. I brought it to lunch to show Stacy over the weekend and she held it up to me; I know that I want it big, but I don't want it this big. I was knitting on a larger needle trying to match the gauge of the vest they have out on sample at Gauge, but I don't think I can make it happen. I think I'll just stick to the pattern the way it's written. I'll have to rip it all out and start over : ( For that reason, I haven't touched the project since Saturday. I know I'll pick it up and start over, but it takes some willpower.

In the meantime, I've been working on my Herbivore shawl. I know I'm gong to love it when it's done, but it's taking some time. I love the shape; it allows for a longer thinner shawl as opposed to a triangular shape, the typical shawl I make. This will be my 7th shawl out of 10 for the year. I don't want to jump the gun, but I'm already starting to think about when I'm done with 10 and what I'll do. Will I keep going? Or take a break from shawls? I don't want to jinx myself though, so I should stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers