Saturday, July 18, 2009

Third Time's the Charm





Finally a mitten pattern I can live with. The funniest thing is that it's the first pattern I looked at and printed out and then for some reason I put it away. It did look a little daunting with all the different numbers for all the different sizes, but after completing a one mitten, they are some of the best written directions I've ever used!

So I still haven't matched the perfection of the rainbow mitten, but I'm getting closer. I still can't tell if the rounded effect is the yarn or maybe the age. Like maybe there is nothing I can do to recreate that aspect.

The new white mitten is still too stiff for my liking, but I think it's the yarn and the needle size I used. I started with 4s for the cuff and it felt fine. When I started the hand though it felt too tight and I wanted to switch to some 5s but my only circular 5s are otherwise engaged in another project, so I made do - it wasn't that bad, nothing like the green mitten. I'm debating if when I make these mittens for real if I will drop down a needle size for the cuff.

Now I just have to find the perfect yarn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers